RULES OF THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
OF JAGIELLONIAN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Physical education classes are obligatory.
- Students holding medical exemptions are obliged to participate in therapeutic gymnastics classes instead. All doubts as to who can take part in such classes are dealt and settled by the PE department coordinator. Therapeutic gymnastics classes are held in different time than regular PE classes but in the same place.
- To complete the course a student has to attend 12 out of 15 classes in each semester. Every absence has to be made up. Only one absence can be made up in a single day. The classes can be made up only by activities organized and run by PE department of Jagiellonian University Medical College. Any other forms of activity outside the Medical College will not justify absences and will not be considered for receiving the final credit.
- Change of training group is only possible in special cases after permission given by the teacher and should be settled with the coordinator up to the first three weeks of each semester.
- Dress codes for PE classes:
GYM – sports track, t-shirt, shorts, clean indoor non-marking shoes
SWIMMING POOL – swimsuit, cap, flip flops, towel, soap.
- There is a possibility of receiving a PE credit by being a member of the AZS sports club (Jagiellonian University academic sports association) and representing the University at different competitions. Students who are willing to join one of the sections of the organization and will regularly attend its trainings will receive PE credit and be exempted from obligatory classes.
- PE (physical education) is part of DDS and MD curriculum. Student who will not be present on the required number of hours (12 during one semester and 24 during whole academic year) will not receive the course credit and will be charged with the costs of repeating PE course in the amount of about 300 EUR per semester. The failed course will have to be made up in the subsequent semester.
Workouts section of Rowing